13 July 2008

still earlier or later

Update: it is now 7:20am & I still haven't slept. There was another attempt but also unfruitful :( Now my alarm is about to go off in 10 minutes & I should probably catch it before it wakes up the lovely new husband but I wonder which will really do more damage? Me trying to subtly stumble through the dark to turn it off or just letting it go. For the record I use an incredibly low-volume radio for an alarm & on Sunday morning the music will be all acoustic so there's a slight chance it won't wake him, especially considering that he wakes to a machine that is close kin to an industrial fire alarm. I think I'll chance it.

At some point during this ENDLESS night I realized I drank coffee with caffeine today (really yesterday but I'm in denial) which might be contributing to my sleepless state. I usually order decaf no matter what time of day it is & it still gives me energy. But it's been awhile since so I'd think that's no longer the problem.

Or this may be the result of karma. I was cocky 2 days ago saying I hadn't really been affected by jet lag & that with one extra nap I was back on track. Perhaps this is now kicking me in my tired butt.

Obsessively searching for an answer because I do NOT want to become an insomniac. I'm even nervous about the repercussions of using the word.

0 what would you say?: