credit: lifted from their facebook page. I always forget to take pictures.
23 April 2009
22 April 2009
10 April 2009
I was driving very early this morning & heard about how they're offering a $100,000 reward for information on who cut the fiber optics cable yesterday downing all of AT&T phones line. And I think to myself,
I think to myself,
08 April 2009
Rebs called tonight, here's a sample conversation:
06 April 2009
My great grandma, who I was lucky enough to spend a lot of time with when I was little, & whose legacy is my tendency towards worry, used to grab me tightly as we approached an escalator & re-tell me the story of a girl who got sucked under the stairs because of a loose pant-leg or untied shoe.
word. by andizzlily
05 April 2009
- Even though you have the memory of a rather older man.
- Even though you daily leave your accoutrements scattered across our bathroom counter.
- Even though you are a crabby stress monkey when facing a big retreat.
- Even though you don't let me put my icy feet under you in bed.
- Even though you don't consider chips & salsa a complete meal.
- Even though you don't let me win at dominoes.
- Even though you make fun of my midwestern accent.
- Even though your favorite movies list includes Armageddon.
- Even though you make me stick to my Lenten resolution even when I don't want to.
- Even though your laundry is gigantic which makes doing it a much more difficult chore.
- Even though you do not think heaven is a sunny day spent lying on a beach.
- Even though sometimes you ask me to stop singing.
- Even though you listen to sports talk radio.
- Even though you won't wear the awesome Nigerian soccer jacket I picked out just for you. (Yes, I know you're white.)
- Even though you haven't read all the books I'd like to you to.
- Even though you don't share my open minded view on $2 wine.
- Even though you make me do things I'm scared of.
- Even though you go to work everyday instead of just hanging out with me like I ask.
- Even though you have prettier hair than I do.
- Even though you make really, really lame puns.
- Even though you haven't given me a copy of the new Brett Dennen album yet.
- Even though you have really bad taste in greeting cards.
- Even though you are not as easily amused by the following: small children, animals, parades, romantic comedies, & fireworks.
- Even though you spent 7 hours yesterday conquering the Rubik's cube.
04 April 2009
smell like potato. Tonight I attempted to make potato pancakes without a mix using this recipe from Real Simple. It was NOT successful. They were neither very potato-y, or pancake-y or even good-tasting. This couldn't have anything to do with the fact that I didn't measure anything or that I added ingredients, could it? No, seriously I think it was just a junky recipe. We didn't make the lamb b/c generally we don't buy meat, too much work.
03 April 2009
so that last post was my 100th. I wanted my 100th one to be intentional, momentous but then I couldn't resist writing about the Outrage (which is how I'll refer to it for at least a day).
word. by andizzlily
I am furious! I just saw a media piece debating whether or not this ant-domestic violence ad with Keira Knightly in it is too violent or shocking. That is a completely senseless debate! How dare someone in the media suggest that we shouldn't show an act of violence in order to bring awareness about violence against women??? The media is filled with those same images, & much more grotesque ones, simply for entertainment purposes.