06 April 2009

this is me

My great grandma, who I was lucky enough to spend a lot of time with when I was little, & whose legacy is my tendency towards worry, used to grab me tightly as we approached an escalator & re-tell me the story of a girl who got sucked under the stairs because of a loose pant-leg or untied shoe.  


I'm a still scared of these things! 

I try to play it cool when approaching them but my feet alway hesitate before taking the first step causing a traffic jam. It's a bit like the scene from Elf when Will Ferrell first encounters an escalator.  Rebs usually laughs at me & pushes me forward before I'm ready, making my heart stop. And if I'm wearing heels I clutch him as if he's my life preserver in the middles of shark-infested waters.

What are your irrational fears?

1 what would you say?:

Liz said...

I found a spider in the toilet once, so now I always check around the rim...