03 April 2009

are you kidding me????

I am furious! I just saw a media piece debating whether or not this ant-domestic violence ad with Keira Knightly in it is too violent or shocking. That is a completely senseless debate! How dare someone in the media suggest that we shouldn't show an act of violence in order to bring awareness about violence against women???  The media is filled with those same images, & much more grotesque ones, simply for entertainment purposes. 


Perhaps an ad that is shocking & is followed by actual information & resources about domestic violence will make someone actually care about it rather than just callously viewing it as a thrilling addition to another plot line that glories & glamorizes violence.

Outrage, sheer outrage.

1 what would you say?:

Liz said...

I just saw that ad tonight. I thought it was very eye-opening.