19 November 2008

i'm nervous


*image from sockmonkey.com

Nervous monkey. I have to give a talk to night at church. I think I built it up too much in my head. This is a short little talk. And I do this all the time and usually I love it. But it's also usually in front of teens or elderly or people who have no knowledge of the subject I'm talking about thus making my every word a slice of pizza to their late-night-college-student jonesin' ears.  But I've even honest-to-goodness preached at masses before & loved it. This will be the same crowd. An open crowd. A good-willing crowd. A well-wishing crowd. An admiring crowd even.

So why am I so stressed? Perhaps because this talk is about my own little personal faith, which is always in flux.   Yea, I'm fluxin'. 

Or it's the loss of my shiny, bouncy power animal.

0 what would you say?: