09 November 2008

tired monkey

I am one. I was at my office today for 10 hours. Please note I did not say I was working for 10 hours because that is not the truth but I was there which meant:

I was not easy like Sunday morning.
I was not making banana pancakes with the husband.
I was not lying on a beach feeling the warm rays soak into my skin while the sound of the waves reminded me, "Peace. Peace." which is what waves always tell me.
I was not lying on the sunny spots of the carpet in my parents sunroom reading the Sunday comics.
I was not organizing my closet.
I was not getting the second & much-longed for facial of my life.
I was not hiking around tiny waterfalls or autumn flavored trees.
I was not reading poetry by Mary Oliver, Hafiz, or e.e. cummings.
I was not doing laundry.
I was not hanging out with my grandparents or my beautiful & crazy nephew, Cowboy.
I was not sitting in the hot tub.
I was not creating, shopping for, & making a healthy meal.
I was not sitting in a coffee shop & journaling.
I didn't even sit on the porch of my office & enjoy the great view there.

My point is two-fold:
1. I'm tired & about to eat chips & salsa for dinner.
2. I shouldn't complain because chances are on my next day off I won't do most of these things either.  I need to seize those days!!!

0 what would you say?: