23 February 2009

an interview with myself

Why not? It's my blog. And I am drinking wine...

1. Do you think blogging is an egotistical hobby?
Yes, I think it is a bit vain in nature but also quite harmless. I don't think I'm in any real danger since I have less readers than I do fingers  on one hand. But a free activity that encourages people to write & be a bit more self-reflective can only help communication in the wider world, right? 

2. If you could go back in time and meet yourself 10 years ago, would you tell your former self anything about the future?
I would try very hard not to tell myself anything specific, but I am notoriously bad at keeping surprises surprises.  I would tell myself, "Oh Baby, it going to be so much bigger & better than you can imagine. Don't be so hard on yourself, just do your best & be kind to everyone else who is trying to do the same."  
This is probably really good advice for right now, as well.

3. OK,  confess. Do you have a secret ambition? Something which you may never actually achieve, but you're still holding on to in a corner of your brain?
My secret ambition is to do stand up comedy. Why? Because I like to tell stories, & make people laugh, & love to be the center of attention. Stand up comedy is clearly perfect for me, if I was brave enough. I'm scared of the sound of crickets. And, Rebs, when I told him that I wanted to do this said, "But... you're not funny."  Not so supportive! He later modified that to say, I'm funny but not stand-up funny. Whatever, I've already decided that if I am discovered I won't share any of my comedy millions with him.
  Someday, I will try it out at an open mic night. You know, under a pseudonym, in Iowa, when I'm 83 & have nothing left to lose.
What do I have to lose now???

2 what would you say?:

Liz said...

I think you're funny :)

Anonymous said...

You make me laugh honey