06 March 2009

corned beef & marriage

I went to the funeral of a wonderful man this week. I was so sad to hear he had passed away even though I know he is with God.  But still sad because I never told him what a wonderful person he was to me or truth be told, visit him as I had promised.  

Fr. Fry was the host of Rebs & mine first date.  The first time he & I hung out was St. Patrick's day. Fr. Fry had invited Rebs over for corned beef & cabbage. Rebs invited me. The whole time Fr. Fry told us stories & told me what a great guy Rebs was (which I already suspected). There is a funny second part to the story of our first date but this isn't that story.

At the funeral many stories were told about what a wonderful person Fr. Fry was including how he matched up quite a few other couples & cooked corned beef & cabbage for many friends. I feel honored to be one of those stories.  Fr. Fry always made me feel great just be being around him. He was a blessing to all of us & I hope to be like that someday.





Thank you Fr. Fry, I hope you're still having a good time.

0 what would you say?: