11 November 2008

calm down, buddy


I am working/writing in a coffeehouse this morning to postpone the loneliness of my office for another hour or two (it's especially hard to face after such a long Sunday). The guy sitting at the table next to me is bouncing his knee up & down like it's what's powering his laptop.  It's stressing me out. 
Also, the way he keeps straining to look at the clock makes me think he's cramming to get a paper done before class. 
Or he's just had too much caffeine. 
Or he's trying to stay warm since it's in the 50's & he's wearing shorts.  

Regardless, that fact that I can see it is making me feel jumpy, which is the exact opposite of the feeling I'm going for when I finally sit down to journal & pray.

Would this be considered a boundary issue?  How can I disconnect so that this tiny peripheral annoyance doesn't salt my game?

0 what would you say?: