03 November 2008

somethings that got me down today

are the following:
  1. I went to return something at a store & a teenage girl was excitedly talking to a friend on her phone about finding colored jeans with zippers at the ankle.
  2. This reminded me of running in above mentioned jeans in elementary school gym while our teacher played one of these 3 songs: La Bamba, Achy Breaky Heart, & the one by the Beach Boys that says, "Hey baby why don't we go..." & then lists a bunch of islands. Seriously, that was it. It must have been a very short mixed tape made by her one true love & she played it all the time. No wonder I hate running.
  3. At the same store another girl was wearing IN PUBLIC the same pajamas I just bought only with rocket ships on them. IN PUBLIC & with imitation Uggs!  Do I even need to reassure you that I have officially graduated from said store & will not be shopping there again?
  4. I saw a woman buy 2 tallboys for herself & a hot cocoa for her 5? 6? 7? year-old daughter  at a 7-11 & then proceed to light up a cigarette & begin screaming into a cell phone before getting in to a car with her daughter.
Perhaps I'm being too judgmental or perhaps I'm running with the wrong crowd but these things made me think, "What is the world coming too?"

Hoping, hoping that it will be coming to something AWESOME with tomorrow's election. Which leads me to the last & final thing that got me down.

5. I realized that instead of obsessively watching the election results come in tomorrow (preferably surrounded by friends, likeminded & otherwise at a local watering hole since we do not have a television with a connection to, well, TV) I'm supposed to be in a class that is only loosely related to what I am doing with my life, that I am attending under duress anyway, & for which there is no credit at the end. 

MORAL DILEMMA! I really, really want to skip.  I'l probably refer this decision to Rebs, my own personal, Jimminy Cricket.

But my vote will be my own.

1 what would you say?:

Katie said...

Every time I read a post I just want to write a gigantic I LOVE YOU comment and then scream it at your face which is a million miles away and would not be affected no matter how loud I screamed about loving you.