21 January 2009

this weekend

Rebs & I went to Yosemite. It was beautiful, mind-bogglin' majestic, & oh, so very tall.  Also, strange because at the tops of the mountains it was sunny & blooming green yet in the valley, snowy & cold. Isn't the snow supposed to be on the top of the mountain? That how I always used to draw mountains in school. I have so great pictures but am too lazy to track down my camera & cord - so you'll just have to wait. 

But I'll give you a little taste with this: we saw a WOLF! Enjoy the google image until I'm willing to dole out details:

Ok, I'm ready. 

I was driving, due to a serious bout of carsickness the nastiest conclusion of which was avoided when I got out of car, walked around, consumed water from my new, awesome water bottle*,  ate copious amounts of original flavored Goldfish crackers (TM?), & thus fortified, took the wheel. 

For those of you who don't know, once you get into the park you still have to drive for an hour to get down to the valley where you can park, rest(room), start a hike, etc. I was behind another car on a 2 lane, windy road & they hit the brakes for know apparent reason. Luckily, I do likewise saying, "Why are these people slowing down?" As Rebs starts to reply, "I don't know." I look out the passenger window & finish my sentence, "Maybe because of that WOLF!" It was about 10 feet away from the car just watching morning traffic pass by. We don't actually have a photo of our wolf because I had to keep going to prevent a serious, although low-speed pile up in one of our National Parks.

Amazing.  It was one of those sights I have to keep checking in with Rebs about to make sure. "You saw wolf too? I'm not crazy?" He would say I'm not crazy because I saw a wolf but... 
ha. ha.

  I just can't help but wonder what happens when you are that close to a wolf when there's no car between you & it.

* Named Liquid Honey & deserving it's own post.

0 what would you say?: